Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SNOW DAY! (ice day?)

Wisconsin is ridiculous. I have proof:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Due to an overnight ICE storm and the current preponderance of palm-sized (I swear) snow "flakes," I am sitting at home, drinking tea and writing in this blog, instead of working.

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME.

Furthermore, it is a whopping 32 degrees outside, which doesn't much impress my fellow Californians but now strikes me as rather balmy compared to the EIGHT sniveling degrees it was a few mornings ago.

All would be fine and dandy if I wasn't ever-so-slightly worried about the fact that the Subaru is currently becoming rather effectively snowed in and I'm supposed to pick Matt up from school in about an hour. I'm no good with a shovel (I don't yet even own a pair of boots) and our neighbor and his snowblower appear to also be taking a snow day....this could be a problem. Sorry Matt.

Anyway, it has been snowing off and on for days. It is absolutely unbelievable; my neighbors and coworkers claim there hasn't been this much snow in years. I can't even begin to describe it. I took this picture the other night:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We have been suitably lazy homebodies, given the weather. I wear like 8 layers even indoors, drink obscene amounts of tea and hot cocoa, and you better believe it is next to impossible to get out of bed at 6 in the morning. Matt spends most of his time "studying," on the couch, under a blanket, with the furry ones. Exhibit A:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Vinny also wears layers, and he sometimes won't get out of bed all day. Kitty doesn't seem much affected, however, and continues on his quest to destroy all valuable items in this apartment.

Oh thank god, our neighbor is blowing the driveway. Well, it appears Matt might make it home today after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, You don't seem suitably impressed about how "fortunate" you are to witness one of nature's truly destuctive phenomena (though not well appreciated by native SoCals)...the ice storm. Conditions must be perfect: nearly exactly 32, colder you get snow, warmer you get rain and no wind or you get a blizzard (perhaps more on that later in the winter). See you in 10 days

Cait said...

Fortunate....hmmm. Well, I was at least impressed by the fact that I did not have to go to work! I won't lie--I could have done without the freezing rain. But when all you have to do all day is sit inside drinking tea, who really cares what the weather conditions are like? Vinny was the only one who really cared, since his bathroom is the great outdoors. And Matt, I suppose, since he and the shovel had to make the great outdoors accessible to Vinny, who does a good deal of sinking in two feet of unaltered slush-snow.