Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ugh.

I watched Blood Diamond last night and was seriously disheartened. I watched Apocolypto tonight and was absolutely disgusted. I got home ten minutes ago and read this article about the guy who opened fire on a college auditorium at Northern Illinois University and am currently thinking about human nature and how it is pretty much the same everywhere, all the time, and it's always this surprising and this horrifying, and even though Mel Gibson is OBVIOUSLY a creep and a sadist he's pretty much just showing us the darker side of what has existed as long as we have inhabited this planet. We're a scary bunch, man. I worry about what we're going to end up doing to each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say you shouldn't worry as what will happen will happen... but I worry about it a lot too and spend a lot of time thinking about human nature and its inherent selfish/bad traits that come along with being a mildly intelligent animal...